Monday, January 28, 2008

Last week.....

Well, I'm glad it's a new week! Last week started off by me having some sort of weird flu. I was in bed all last Monday. I couldn't even get myself up out of bed to take care of the kids. Thank god for Chris and my mom. I felt bad, and wanted to get up and do something, anything, but I just couldn't. Tuesday I woke feeling better, achy and still exhausted, but at least I finally felt like I wasn't going to die. One great thing about the flu though is it definitely makes you lose weight. I lost 3 lbs in just one day. Awesome! I guess that's what happens when you throw up, and then just eat one piece of dry toast in 24 hours. Too bad I couldn't live on one piece of toast a day, I would lose 30 lbs in no time! But, guess that's not realistic.

I'm still sticking to my 1000 calorie a day diet, sometimes I go over just a tad, but mostly I am being really good. Got on the scale this morning and I've lost a total of 9 lbs. So excited!

Chad also came down with a little flu bug, poor little guy projectiled everywhere, even got in the cupboard that was half open, talk about gross! But, at least it was baby puke, and not big people puke :) He's also getting his first tooth. It's pretty much all the way through, yay! My little boy is growing up so fast. He's almost crawling, he can make his way across the floor, he is very determined. He just needs to figure out how to lift his hands while moving his knees. He'll get it in no time.

Madison I think started the whole flu bug. But she didn't get sick, just had the runs for a few days, and wasn't her spunky usual self. But she's back to running all over the place, bouncing off the walls, and being the sweet little goof ball that I love.

I'm working a few days this week. Chris has started contracting on his own, no longer works for anyone, which in a way is great because he can pick his hours, and hopefully eventually start making the big bucks :) Downside of it is it takes some time to build up your clientel, which is why I've been working lately, on the days he doesn't have work, I go in. I've been missing the kids terribly during the day, but I have to go, we can't both sit home (unfortunately). It's expensive to advertise, so right now we're just advertising on Craigs List. He's gotten a few calls, done a few bids, and so far has gotten one job out of it. Keep your fingers crossed that more work will come soon. Problem is, people aren't re-financing their homes right now, which means people aren't doing any kind of home improvements. But, I know it won't be forever. Trying to stay positive.

No comments: