Saturday, February 9, 2008

R.I.P Grandma

February 5, 2008 was a very sad day. My grandma passed away. It's been a hard week on me, especially because my grandparents live in Las Vegas, not like I can pick up and run over there quickly. I got the news on my drive home from work, and as soon I saw that it was my cousin Shannon calling me, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach that something was terribly wrong. My grandma was a strong Italian woman, who always spoke her mind, yet she was so caring, so loving, and I will hold her in my heart forever. I didn't get out to Vegas often to visit, and it just makes me so sad because I wish I could have spent more time with her. I will always remember when I was a little girl, going over to my grandparents house in Duarte, I always had so much fun. My grandpa would play the piano, and my grandma would run and grab masks all all these musical instruments, and we'd dance around the living room wearing our masks and just lauging so hard. I will never forget all the great times we had, and all the memories we made that will hold dear in my heart forever. I am so thankful that I was able to get out there last September so that she could meet Chad. I have posted some pic's of that recent trip, and some pic's of my trip out there when Maddie was only 6 months old. Monday is her memorial service, and we are driving out to Vegas Sunday to be with my grandpa and family. I feel so bad for my gramps, he is just heartbroken. I just wish I was there right now to give him a big hug. I love you and miss you grandma. I know you are my angel, looking over me always. xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss Brenda. I know it is so hard losing someone that is so close to you.

Hugs,
Amy