Sunday, May 18, 2008

Maddie's birthday and other stuff


Last weekend was Maddie's party and it turned out great. We had great weather, a little windy though, but at least it was sunny, and not too hot. The outfit I originally got Maddie to wear for her party didn't last long. It lasted 2 seconds actually. The only thing she ended up wearing was her princess skirt. And she HAD to wear her star t-shirt, which didn't go all that great, but it was ok because that's what she wanted to wear. So, I let her wear it and her little jean jacket w/ the tank top I guess will just sit and go unworn. She says it's uncomfortable. So be it.

Chad had his first bite of cake, which I know, probably should have saved that for his birthday, but we couldn't resist...

Anyway, Maddie had a great time and once she warmed up to everyone being on her territory she was fine. She had a lot of fun with all the kids that came, and jumped in her bouncer until 7pm.


Then on Monday we went to Disneyland for her birthday. My mom, brother and nephew Jacob joined us.

Chris and Jacob had fun riding Space Mountain. While Maddie stuck to her SAFE rides of the little toy train and the ups and downs. She warmed up to Dumbo, but refuses to go on any ride that enters into a dark tunnel. Which I guess can look scary to a 3year old.

and Jacob was a sport and went on the kiddie rides with Maddie!

This past week has been soooooo hot. And of course w/ no A/C, I've been in a terrible mood. I hate hot weather, it totally sucks! So, I've just been trying to stay out of the house as much as possible. Maddie's enjoyed playing in the sprinklers and sitting in her little pool.



I put Chad in the tiny pool today for the first time, and he didn't like it. The water was really cold though so I don't blame him, it was a bit of a shock to him I think.

and I still havn't taken my camera in to get fixed, so that is why a lot of my pictures are dark

I went to Childrens Place yesterday and got Maddie some new bathing suits, because she has outgrown her ones from last year.

I got her a cute 2 piece and a one piece. I put the two piece on her today and she didn't want anything to do with it. Nothing new. She's so picky. It's a size 4 though so maybe next year it'll still fit and she'll like it then. Got Chad a really cute pair of swim trunks and water shoes, size 18 months, they are huge on him. Childrens Place sizes run really big. I love that store though, they always have the cutest things at great prices.

I know I've rambled, I've never been a good writer... so sorry.

No comments: