Sunday, May 4, 2008

Countdown to Maddie's 3rd Birthday Party

Disney Princess theme! 6 days until Maddie's party. I told myself, I'm going to go simple. Not go overboard this year. Well, we had to get Maddie a jumper. There was just no question about that one. She loves loves loves jumpers. And every birthday party we go to, she is always too shy to get in there with the other kids, that she ends up just watching all the kids jump and play and have a great time, and it just breaks my heart because I know she so badly wants to get in there with the other kids, but for some reason she just can't break out of her shell.

We ordered her the Disney Princess Jumper. Has her favorite disney princess's on it. I went to Party City tonight and got most of the stuff I needed, a few decorations (nothing fancy or over the top), plates, cups, oops, forgot the napkins! Got the tablecloths for outside tables, pink, blue & yellow (color scheme). We are going to rent a few tables, chairs & umbrellas, like we did last year. That was the one extra I just wanted to do away with. But Chris said that we had to get them. He's like "Where's everyone going to sit?" agh. My original plan was to have everything in the front yard and on the driveway. But we have this stupid tree, that looks like a plant right smack in the middle of the front yard.
So, the jumper couldn't go there, and don't want to put the jumper on the driveway, but it would then block the "rustang" (new name Chris came up with for my brothers 89 Mustang which has been parked in the driveway for years!).
Chris x'd out my idea of the front yard party and said it would be better to have it in the back. My mom agreed. So, of course, my plan once again out the window. I just thought it would be easier to keep an eye on the kids and stuff with all the windows we have in our living room. Then we could keep all the food inside. Just seems like such a walk from the backyard to the kitchen, and plus you can't see everyone when you are inside.

We are going to go to costco on Thursday, order the cake, and for food I guess we are just going to do pizza and salads. Again... SIMPLE! Plus, kids love pizza, can't go wrong there.

I went to the Disney store last Friday and picked out the cutest outfit for Maddie to wear. Princess skirt, w/ tank top & cute little jean jackat (but w/ short sleeves), she looks so darn cute in it! Also purchased 2fer tickets so that we can take Maddie to Disneyland on her actual birthday. She is so excited!

So, that's about it for now. Tomorrow I'm going into work, and possibly celebrating Cinco De Mayo w/ some people from work. Oh, speaking of "going out", last night I actually got out of the house! Yup, went to Sutra w/ my best friend. We kinda just people watched and made fun of all the skimpy little outfits all the girls were wearing, so funny! Had a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd birthday Maddie. I hope she has a great party. That bouncy thing looks like so much fun.

Amy