Friday, February 15, 2008

What a week it's been!

Well, the week started off by driving to Vegas on Sunday. I was dreading this trip, not only because I would have to face my grandmothers death in reality, but also because both Maddie and Chad were sick. Chad came down with the same cold (but worse) that Maddie had the week before. Chad's temp went up to 101.6, he had a very stuffy and at times runny nose, and he just seemed so miserable. I hate taking the kids to the Dr., especially now that my co-payment went up to $40.00. But, since I was taking him out of state, and on a long car ride, I wanted to take him to the Dr. to make sure he didn't have an ear infection, or fluid in his lungs, because even his breathing sounded weird. So, last Friday I took him to the Dr., and they said he was totally fine, that we should be ok on the long drive. So, Sunday came, and we were off. Chad did pretty well on the ride out there, he slept about 2-3 hours of the trip, and the other hour he was up and just really upset to still be strapped in that un-comfy car seat. Maddie had no complaints, she was watching her shows on her DVD player the whole way, and even slept a little. We arrived in Vegas around 6:30 pm, checked into our hotel, and went over to visit with my gramps. The next day was the funeral, which we arrived at my Grandpa's house around 10:30 in the morning, then from there we all drove over to the memorial service. It was open casket, which was really hard to deal with. It was hard seeing her like that. And still, I can't get the vision out of my head. It was 2 hours of crying and sadness. But, we got through it. My brother was there by my side through the whole things, don't know what I would have done w/out him. So, after the service, we went to my uncles, and just visited with family, spent time w/ my gramps, and that was about it. Tuesday we drove home, same thing with Chad, slept a few hours, and towards the end, he was just over it.

Also this week, we had relatives visiting from back east, and they just left this morning for Hawaii. So, things are finally getting back to normal. I havn't had much time to blog, myspace, e-mail, watch TV, spend time w/ Chris, etc. I've been working every day, then when I come home I try and spend as much time with Maddie and Chad as possible, because I just feel so bad that I've been working. In the mornings I try to get out of the house before 7:30, or else if Maddie is up, she just cries and doesn't want me to leave. It's so hard :( I just pray that Chris can find something soon. I thought I would like going back to work, but I would rather stay home with the kids.

Next week is going to be hectic as well. I'm having a Bridal Shower for my friend on the 24th (next Sunday) and I've got a million things I have to do to get ready for it. The house is a mess (with toys toys and more toys). I'm going to have to clear out the living room, not sure where I'm going to put everything, as the garage is plum full of stuff. My room is a mess, I just don't have time to clean all that much it seems like. I really need to get organized, that's the bottom line. Wish me luck!

No comments: