Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ozzy

Last weekend my cat was attached by SOMETHING. Not sure what got to him, but he had been missing for a few days. He's an outdoor/indoor cat and when we moved we had to leave him at my moms house in fear that he would get hit by a car if we brought him with us. We live on a very busy street, not good.



Ozzy is a very adventurous cat. He loves climbing trees, fences and antagonizing his neighborhood feline and canine friends. I don't think this attack was from a cat fight, it seems way more severe. My mom has racoons that roam around her house at night, so we are thinking maybe one fo them got to him? Or he escaped a coyote possibly?



Saturday my brother called to tell me he still hasn't found Ozzy, while we were talking, he found him laying in the backyard, looking up at him, but unable to move. He discovered a hole/gash in his back leg, I drove to my moms as quickly as I could and rushed him to the vet. I had to leave him there over the weekend and picked him up on Monday. They had to operate and remove an big abcess. Today I took him to get the drain removed. I take him next week to get his stiches out. He's walking around with one of those cones around his head, it's so sad. He keeps walking into things. And when I brought him home, the first place he went to was his chair, and JUMPED up on it. I just cringed, because that had to have hurt! Poor Ozzy. Thank god he's ok and the Dr. said he should make a full recovery soon.

No comments: