Friday, January 16, 2009

18 month stats

Today I took Chad in for his 18 month check-up.
Weight: 28 lbs (75th percentile)
Height: 2' 10"?? (I think), they said he is in the 90th percentile for height. I will double check his height at my mom's house tomorrow.

He was suppose to get 3 shots today, but since he just got over taking antibiotic's, and being so sick the Dr. thought it would be better if I brought him back in 2 weeks. So, in a way I was relieved I didn't have to give him shots today, but now I'm dreading bringing him back.

The Dr. said he is right around where he should be. For his age, he should say between 5-10 words, and he says way over that. He can repeat pretty much any word. It usually doesn't sound the way it should, but he gets pretty close. He can say momma, dadda, maddie (ma-iiii), apple, doggy, ready, ok (k), hi, bye, i love you (yuv-u), night night, grandma (am-ma), kitty, the list goes on. He isn't anywhere near where Maddie was at this age though. I remember Maddie could count to 5 and pretty much say her abc's. Chad can't do either. I'm not going to worry about it though, in time he will get there.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Boys are just way different than girls. Girls talk a lot more than boys! I'm sure he's fine. Savannah talks way more than Jacob at this age, way more. That's great that he didn't have to get shots, but then you have to pay the copay AGAIN!!! Hate it!