Wednesday, March 5, 2008

UMMM?

Is 22 lbs to big for an 8 month old? That's how much Chad weighs now, he's huge! His little belly (well, not so little) is so round, could I be feeding him too much? He only drinks 4 6oz bottles a day, and he eats a full jar of fruit for breakfast (stage 2) and 1 1/2 scoops of cereal, a fruit and vege for lunch, and a vege & fruit for dinner plus 1 1/2 scoops of cereal. I don't know, he never seems full, and even when he's done w/ that he could still eat more. Thoughts, suggestions? I know they say not to worry about your childs weight until after age 2, but still, I worry that I may be overfeeding him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the pedi isn't worried about it I wouldn't be. Carter was a big baby. He had the fatest arms and legs. He would just eat and eat and never seemed full. We use to have to tell him o.k. you are done. I looked at Carter's baby book and he was 23lbs around 9 mo. He started to slow down after that. Once he was on more table foods he didn't eat so much. Now he is 34lbs and is a stick. He will even out eventually.

You just have a very healthy eater.

Amy