Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sleeping issues!

Well, I thought it may be too good to be true, because the falling asleep on her own, well, didn't last! I've come to find out that this only happens when she's super tired, which isn't often! I swear, my kids don't sleep! Poor little Chad cannot take a peaceful nap, as soon as I lay him down, he wakes, either by Maddie being loud and obnoxious, or by the slightest little noise. He sleeps pretty well if he falls asleep in his swing, which is where he takes the majority of his naps. At night I usually have to rock him to sleep, and he will sleep all night, thank god! Today I was having problems getting him to sleep, 1pm came around, and Maddie was tired and cranky, and Chad just couldn't fall asleep, I tried everything. So, I thought, well, I will just lay him on his tummy in his bed and see what happens. He of course cried and cried. Maddie wanted me to rock her, and I told her I needed to go check on Chad. Well, she wouldn't have it, she started to cry and carry on, so I said, ok, we'll just sit here and rock and watch Chad cry. I knew in time she would feel sorry for him. I kept telling her... "See Maddie, Chad is all by himself, he's really sad right now, don't you think it would be nice if we went in there and gave him his pacifier?" She said "No momma, you stay right there, Maddie go check on Chad." So, she went in the room and I could here her through the monitor "It's gonna be alright Chad, don't cry Chad" then she came walking out and said "Momma, now you go help him", sweet little angel, I knew in time she would feel bad, she just loves her little brother. So, we both went in there and I popped the pacifier in his mouth, rubbed his little back, and he just went to sleep. I think he was just so exhausted, from crying and all, that he just gave out. So, every day has it's own challenges, a new day brings something new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am having issues myself getting Peyton to sleep at night. He is a bugger to get to sleep at night. I think he is so overtired by bedtime, because he too can't sleep too well during the day because Carter is being such a spaz. It takes a toll on you when you are torn like that. Thankfully we put Carter to bed and we don't hear him till the morning. Maddie will get better about sleeping in her bed. I am glad to hear that Chad is sleeping thru the night for you. I can't wait till Peyton starts doing that. I miss my sleep.

Amy